OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. Contest/Voting Sweepstakes Period: AARP Superstar Contest (the "Contest") begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on June 21, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on September 11, 2020 (the "Contest Period") and consists of five (5) periods as outlined in the chart below.
|Period||Start Date||End Date|
|Entry||June 21, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. ET||August 2, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Semi-Finalist Judging||August 3, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. ET||August 7, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Finalist Voting and Voting Sweepstakes||August 8, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. ET||August 21, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Finalist Judging||August 22, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. ET||August 23, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Finalist Notification, Verification and Finalist Entry||August 24, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. ET||August 30, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
|Final Performance Judging, Final Performance Voting and Voting Sweepstakes||August 31, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. ET||September 11, 2020 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET|
3. Sponsor: AARP, 601 E St. NW, Washington, DC 20049; Administrator: Votigo, Inc., 1630 30th St STE A593, Boulder, CO 80301.
4. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, who are 50 years of age or older as of August 2, 2020. The Voting Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico, who are 40 years of age or older as of date of vote. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, and any of their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible for the Contest or Voting Sweepstakes. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws.
5. How to Enter the Contest: During the Entry Period, you may enter the Contest at https://aarp.org/superstar2020 ("Site"). You must login with your AARP credentials. If you do not have an AARP account you can create one for free at https://secure.aarp.org/applications/user/register. After you login you submit an original video file created by you (the "Entry" or "Entry Materials" or "Video"), showing you singing (without music) any of the songs licensed by the Sponsor from The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers, a complete list of which is available at https://www.ascap.com/repertory or BMI, a complete list of which is available at http://repertoire.bmi.com/. ("Sponsor-licensed Songs"). The person uploading the Entry must be the creator of the Video and will be deemed the entrant (the "Entrant"). By entering, you understand and agree that your Entry in its entirety or any portion thereof may (in Sponsor's sole discretion) be posted on the Site or used in television and/or other Sponsor-selected media. Limit one Entry per person. All Entries must be completed, submitted and received on the Site by 11:59 p.m. ET on August 2, 2020 to be eligible. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrants' online service provider will apply.
6. Entry Requirements:
In order to be entered into the Contest, Entrants must comply with the registration instructions set forth at the Site when submitting their Entry. The Video must be in one of the following formats: AVI, MOV, WMV, MP4, MPEG, FLV, 3GP, and 3G2; must be under 100 MB, and must be no longer than 2 minutes total in length. The Entry may not contain obscene, lewd or inappropriate images or text, including without limitation nudity, acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm or are illegal/dangerous, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion. Only the Entrant may appear in the Entry.
Any Entry Material or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright (including music) or other proprietary right of any person, living or deceased, or entity (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light), or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry Material from any source. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a Video qualifies as an Entry.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant represent and warrant that Entrant’s Entry: (a) is wholly original; (b) does not incorporate or include anything that would require the consent of any third party who have not expressly authorized Entrant to display their image, likeness or voice in the Entry or otherwise use such image, likeness or voice in accordance with these Official Rules; and (c) does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right, or any other right of any third party. Using one of the Sponsor-Licensed Songs constitutes permission.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, designees and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide digital and other right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entries or excerpts of Entries (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on the Site, Sponsor-affiliated websites, television and/or other Sponsor-selected media). In addition, Entrant hereby assigns to the Sponsor all right, title, and interest that he/she may be deemed to have in any reproduction, product, or derivative work using or incorporating the Entry. Entrant further agrees to waive any moral rights in and to the Entry. Automated, script, macro or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Submitted Entries (or portions thereof) may be posted on the Site after they have been screened. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable or in bad taste in Sponsor’s sole discretion will be disqualified and may be removed from the Site at any time. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and which does not meet the requirements of these Official Rules and those of the Site will be disqualified. Videos must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such an event, the Video will not be posted online and will be disqualified from the Contest. All Entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No information regarding Entries or judging, other than as otherwise set forth in the Official Rules, will be disclosed.
7. Judging to Determine the Ten (10) Semi-Finalists: The ten (10) Semi-Finalists will be determined by a Sponsor-selected panel of judges ("Judges") based on the following criteria: Overall Performance (50%); Singing Ability (50%). All eligible Contest Entries will be judged from 12:01 a.m. ET on August 3, 2020 through 11:59 p.m. ET on August 7, 2020. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based on the same criteria listed above and a Finalist will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants agree to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
8. How to Enter the Voting Sweepstakes ("Voting Sweepstakes"): During the Finalist Voting Period, there will be a voting element for the Contest, which will comprise a portion of the five (5) Finalists determination. All Entries will be reviewed and approved for level of appropriateness and eligibility by Sponsor's agency. During the Finalist Voting Period, persons wishing to vote must login with their AARP credentials. If you do not have an AARP account, you can create one for free at https://secure.aarp.org/applications/user/register. Once a vote has been submitted and received by Sponsor, the person submitting the vote will earn one Sweepstakes entry ("Sweepstakes entry"). There is a limit of one vote per Entry per person per day. All votes must be completed and submitted by 11:59 p.m. ET on August 21, 2020 to be included in the Finalist determination. During the Finalist Voting and Voting Sweepstakes period and the Final Performance Voting and Voting Sweepstakes period, persons wishing to vote must login with their AARP credentials. If you do not have an AARP account you can create one for free at https://secure.aarp.org/applications/user/register. Once a vote has been submitted and received by Sponsor, the person submitting the vote will earn one Sweepstakes entry ("Sweepstakes Entry"). There is a limit of one vote per Entry per person per day. All votes must be completed and submitted by 11:59 p.m. ET on September 11, 2020. The use of robotic or automatic devices for voting is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right to nullify all such votes and to disqualify the responsible individual from voting. Votes cast from false, fictitious or duplicative registrations will also be disqualified. Use of voting software in Entrant's favor may disqualify Entrant.
9. Online Contest Voting to Determine Five (5) Finalists: During the Finalist Voting Period, online voting will be available to all members of the general public who meet the eligibility requirements, who will determine the five (5) Finalists. All Entries proposed as Finalists will be reviewed for level of appropriateness and eligibility and, if any Entry is determined to be inappropriate or ineligible it will not be named a Finalist and the Entry with the next highest number of votes in the same category which is determined to be appropriate and eligible will be named a Finalist in its place. In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements, during the Finalist Voting Period persons wishing to vote must login with their AARP credentials. There is a limit of one vote per Entry per person per day. All votes must be completed, submitted and received by 11:59 p.m. ET on August 21, 2020 to be included in the Finalist determination. Please Note: Any attempt to use multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations and logins or any other methods to enter or vote more than the stated limit will void that voter’s votes and, if the voter is associated with an Entry, that Entry may be disqualified. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial Contest subscription, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and Entries or votes by any means that subvert the Entry/Voting process or do not conform to the spirit of these Official Rules will void the Entry/votes and may disqualify the Entrant. Entrants are prohibited from soliciting votes, and voters are prohibited from soliciting votes on behalf of Entrants, by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes, payments or other inducements to members of the public (including, without limitation, offering to trade votes), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and all associated votes may be void and such Entrants disqualified.
10. Judging to Determine the Five (5) Finalists: The five (5) Finalists will be determined by a Sponsor-selected panel of judges ("Judges") based on the following criteria: Overall Performance (30%); Singing Ability (30%); and number of votes from the public as described in Rule #9 (40%). All eligible Contest Entries will be judged from 12:01 a.m. ET on August 22, 2020 through 11:59:59 p.m. ET on August 23, 2020. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based on the same criteria listed above and a Finalist will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants agree to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
11. Judging to Determine the Grand Prize Winner: During the Final Performance Judging Period, the five (5) Finalists will record and submit new videos to be judged by the Sponsor and online voting. The Grand Prize Winner will be determined by the Judges (60%) and voters (40%) based on the following criteria: Overall Performance (50%); Singing Ability (50%). The online voting period will be August 31-September 11. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged based on the same criteria listed above and a Finalist will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants agree to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
12. Voting Sweepstakes Random Drawing: Ten (10) Voting Sweepstakes winners will be selected from among all eligible Voting Sweepstakes entries received during the Finalist Voting and Voting Sweepstakes and the Final Performance Voting and Voting Sweepstakes in a random drawing on or about September 16, 2020. Random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor whose decisions are final on all matters related to the random drawing. Odds of winning will be dependent upon the number of eligible Voting Sweepstakes entries during the Finalist Voting and Voter Sweepstakes Period.
13. Prizes Approximate Retail Values ("ARV"): Contest Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive USD$5,000, awarded in the form of a check. ARV: USD$5,000. Voting Sweepstakes Prizes: Ten (10) Voting Sweepstakes winners will receive a USD$100 gift card. ARV: USD$100. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Prizes are non-commissionable and no substitutions or transfers are permitted, except that Sponsor may substitute prize component of equal value for any reason. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution is permitted, except by Sponsor (as defined below) who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize of equal or greater value, if prize becomes unavailable. PRIZE IS AWARDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
14. General Rules: On or around August 24, 2020, potential Finalists will be notified initially by email and/or phone. If a Contest Finalist Prize winner is not reachable at the telephone number and/or e-mail address provided and a forwarding telephone number or e-mail address is not made available or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate Finalist may be determined in accordance with these Official Rules. Potential Finalists will then be required to print out, sign and return via mail/email an Affidavit of Eligibility), liability/publicity release (except where prohibited by law) and an assignment of rights within three (3) days of notification attempt or the prize will be forfeited and alternate Finalist may be determined in accordance with these Official Rules. Once a Finalist has returned the Affidavit of Eligibility and his/her eligibility has been confirmed, Sponsor reserves the right to perform a phone interview, and/or social media review on him/her. Sponsor will have the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Finalist if the phone interview, and/or social media review on such Finalist reveals conduct, information or history that, in Sponsor’s determination, may be harmful to Sponsor or Sponsor's image or reputation or with which Sponsor does not wish to be associated. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of prize and disqualification and alternate determination/selection in accordance with these Official Rules. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted or incomplete Entries of any kind including those resulting from technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, unavailable network connections or e-mail, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest/voting/Voting Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Contest. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible or liable for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry/Voting Sweepstakes/voting process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest (or online voting) is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and determine the Contest winners/Registration Prize winners from among all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation (and in the event the online voting is cancelled, Voting Sweepstakes Prizes will go un-awarded and Sponsor will judge all Entries based on the other judging criteria listed above in Rule #10).
15. Dispute Resolution: Except where prohibited, by participating each Entrant/Sweepstakes entrant agrees that: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant(s) and Sponsor and its agents shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction.
16. Release: By entering the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that: (i) all rights to the Entry belong to and are original to him/her, or he/she has written consent to use, and the Entry does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or any other third party right nor violate any applicable law or regulation, (ii) he/she has the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses provided herein, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to the Entry, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity, (iii) he/she hereby holds the Sponsor and the Released Parties defined below harmless from and against any third party claim arising from use of the Entry and waives any right to inspect or approve uses of the Entry or to be compensated for any such uses. Participating in the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agencies to use Entrants’, biographical information, pictures/portraits, likenesses and/or voices and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes, each Entrant/Sweepstakes entrant agrees that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (collectively the "Released Parties"), will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation (if applicable), the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, if applicable or participation in the Contest/Voting Sweepstakes or participation in any contest or related activity. Each Entrant hereby represents and warrants that he/she has read these Official Rules and is fully familiar with its contents.
18. Winners List: For the names of the winners, available no later than October 15, 2020 email firstname.lastname@example.org.